Notes from the Exec Meeting Jan 9, 2017

10 Jan 2017 11:07 AM | Andy Hasara (Administrator)

Attendance

Jason Toberman, David Norris, Joanna Conrad, Josh Bullemer, Andy Hasara

Started at 6:22pm

Laser Update

  • Schedule for delivery Feb 1st
  • Funding - We need 990 done to do anything with Laser funding
  • Frank is working with Mary (our CPA) about getting everything fixed.
  • Mary has been volunteering time.
  • We last heard from her  via email to Dave January 8th, 2017
  • All in Mary’s hands at this point
  • Dave will give us update next week

We need a Pyrometer (giant block of graphite with a calibrated temperature sensor) to maintain the new laser. We will tackle this after funding for laser is set.  No one has been assigned to this yet.

Arranging Alpha for new laser

We will need to wire up a 220 Volt electrical outlet after laser gets here.  Frank said he will tackle this.  Frank said it was 10 min job - does not need help

Getting Gamma rented

Time is running out.  We need to follow up with the 2 visitors that spoke with jason Voyles.  Tobes will follow up with Jason V.

Dave will follow-up with Austin and Frank about details on contacting local Home school co-ops about renting room in Gamma.  (Austin was to pass this to Tyler Smith)

Dave's Goal of 30 events planned per month

 Andy said that scheduled events were around 200 events for 2017 so far. Calendar has been updated with many, but there is more to come.  Tobes will ask Austin to bring update to next meeting

Could Cyberia’s exec board take professional pictures

Tabled until next meeting

Joanna’s account has invoice date issues

Joanna will reach out Frank to solve problem

Funding for Josh to build welding bench

Josh will follow-up with Austin

Showing up on time

Talk about at next meeting.  Tobes will talk to Frank about calendar invites

Lighted Sign on 30th Street

The ballast system is shot so it needs rewiring or replacement with LED Bulbs.  The sign uses 8 tubes of 6 ft length (F72T12/HO), but frank thinks we may be able to get by with 4 bulbs (worth a try?)

Andy emailed link to purchase the bulbs to Frank.  The LED bulbs are $50 each
We cannot split costs with other places because of no interest
Board needs to vote on this

HipChat

Andy is working on this.  Andy will reach out to Frank for help.  

Promoting Woodworking Youtubers

There is a Maker Meetup at Twin Peaks Restaurant at 7 PM on February 4th.  There a three live shows at Indiana State Fair grounds, and the last one is just before the Maker Meetup.

Cyberia should help promote this.  Andy has put event on Facebook and Meetup, but it needs to be brought up every week on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.  Dave will set this up this week, but we will need someone else to do that for next week.

We want to link the Youtuber's accounts to any promotion that Cyberia does.

We also want to show up to event and promote Cyberia.  There will be a volunteer meeting on Feb 3 at 7 PM.

Andy is currently working on organizational structure in the Business plan and Marketing plan

Storage space downstairs

Tobes wants to store his Power Wheels Racing League go kart project
Tabled until the next Meeting

Next Artemis Night (February)

It will be on February 18th. Tobes will send email & put it on the Events calendar. He will hang a poster for it in Beta

Grantsmanship program is starting up at library, as well as a running nonprofit program

They are coming in March. Joanna will provide update next meeting

Meeting ended at 7:46pm

Action Item Summary

Jason T.

  • Tobes will follow up with Jason Voyles about 2 gamma visitors
  • Tobes will ask Austin to bring update about events to next meeting
  • Tobes will talk to Frank about calendar invites
  • Tobes will send email + put on calendar Artemis event

David N

  • Dave will give us laser update next week
  • Dave will follow-up with Austin and Frank about details of school co-op
  • Dave will do social media advertising for woodworking youtubers this week!

Joanna

  • Joanna will reach out frank to solve problem about account
  • Joanna will provide update next meeting about library grantsmanship & nonprofit programs from the library

Josh

  • Josh follow-up with Austin about welding bench

Andy

  • Andy will reach out to Frank for help on HipChat


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software